Thursday, December 27, 2007

Coming Attractions

Well, the Decemberween break is over, and we all know the true meaning of it all. Anyway, I've managed to average just a little over a post a day this year, despite gaps in the last couple of months. Anyway, stuff you can look forward to, if I get my stuff together properly:

1. Podcast with my brother. We're mostly going to ramble aimlessly and see if any direction emerges. Going to have an interesting time with editing, since my brother's the sound-oriented one and left his laptop's charger in Austin. We can probably make do with some cheapo free software for the first experimental podcast. I was thinking of doing it on New Year's, but we'll see. We're kind of loose at the moment. You can send me some emails with questions, weird woo websites, or whatever until then. Think we could try doing regular, low-stress, low expectation 10 minute bites after that. Small enough to fit on YouTube with some helpful graphics and visuals, maybe, since I've got my account up and empty. Please bear in mind that I'm keeping your expectations low in the off chance that A) we do this, and B) blow you away if we really, really surpass them.

2. Skeptiplomacy: The setbacks, dropped communications, and outright procrastination have been numerous, but I've got a map mostly done. It may need some suggested tweaks by people who've already played the game, since I'm trying to keep some balance in between nations and the utility of fleets and armies. I can email a copy of the Illustrator files if you contact my inbox.

Here's the email, if it's not obvious enough:

4 comments:

Don said...

Ooh, I can't wait for the podcast. I've been trying to get Magus interested in a podcast for a while, seeing as we freakin' loved doing our crazygonuts talks radio show on campus radio years ago, but he's lazy and...well, lazy. His blogging record should demonstrate that.

And, in the words of the Dethemberween Thnikkaman, "Hey, shut up, kid!"

Rhoadan said...

For the podcast, try Audacity. It's open source and I've heard good things about it. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I certainly plan to. I have some singing bowls that I need to sell, and I kinda figure I need sound samples to do that.

Speaking of singing bowls, there's plenty of sound based woo involving them. My store got bowls from Crystal Tones, and I got a lot of advertising flyers from these folks.

The bowls sound really impressive, regardless.

Anonymous said...

As far as Skeptiplomacy goes, I think I fall under the dropped communications and procrastination categories... Yeah, sorry about that. All I have to say is extremely busy job (retail around holidays, busy? Nah!) and Dwarf Fortress. In short, I think I need to just pull out, permanently this time.

Regarding those singing bowls, if they are what I think they are, then yes, they're very cool, and yes, there's lots of woo associated with them.

Clint Bourgeois said...

I'm not totally out of the Skeptiplomacy game. I just need to sit down and get some more ambition to finish the coding. I did a lot at first and then quickly got busy with other stuff. We'll get there eventually.