Thursday, May 21, 2009

Doing Fine in Meatspace

Feel free to skip this post. Though you may want to know that I'm going to be moving into my own place on June 4th.

I've been nervous about the move, but I'm now very excited thanks to a bit of a furniture expedition with my mother, who has a degree in interior design and knows a lot of the furniture stores' staff. Got some good deals thanks to the connections. Already bought a few of the smaller items, like dinnerware and a really nice covered basket. The bigger items I'll probably commit to tomorrow are a new headboard, a super-soft black couch, a chest of drawers, and nightstand. Still need a good coffee table and a throw rug. Overall color themes I'm currently going for is indigo and reddish browns.

Of course, one big change I'm starting on is Vyvanse for ADHD. I've usually been pretty easily distracted, and have a bad pacing habit. I've just been able to compensate with a good IQ for a long time, but it's kind of caught up with me. It's a stimulant, so the first pill might be a part of how stoked I am right now. Just letting you know so that if you see me typing up longer, better researched posts than usual, you'll know the likely culprit.

My mother's resting her eyes and feet after the browsing spree, while I'm merely resting my feet. Need to figure out something to do outside the house to further my moving ambitions.

7 comments:

King of Ferrets said...

What, you're taking pills for your ADHD? Not nearly as much fun. =P

Bronze Dog said...

So far, better than being in the hazy funk I've felt more recently.

Of course, being on a stimulant has me pretty wired up, unless I've developed an interior design obsession that was just below the surface.

Clint Bourgeois said...

Moving out is a fun time. Good luck.

King of Ferrets said...

Hazy funk?

Huh. Never really had that.

Now that I think about it, I haven't used a stimulant medication much; apparently the ones we tried didn't work too well, so we tried something else.

Said something else made me feel extremely cold in 72 degree weather in a heavy jacket, though. So I don't take meds for it anymore.

MWchase said...

Caffeine makes it... oddly difficult for me to relax. I'll be listening to a hypnosis file... thing, and be all "I'm relaxed. I'm relaxed... I'M %$*%ING RELAXED, DAMMIT! FINISH UP THE INDUCTION!" Kind of a mixed bag, because it allows me to pull off some stuff when I don't have any distractions, but it puts me in a state where light is a distraction.

Enough about that... Moving, huh? I had to do that yesterday. It was... I think it was a disaster, but it probably wasn't that bad. At least it's over with, and all of my homework is done with, finally.

("I'M SO RELAXED I CAN'T HOLD STILL!")

King of Ferrets said...

Heh, caffeine. I avoid ingesting it; if I do, I sometimes literally start bouncing off the walls.

MWchase said...

"I coded a DATABASE*. And designed CLOTHES. Made out of DUCT TAPE."
"Do you have any duct tape on hand?"
"NO."
"Also, it's 3 AM."

*Not quite. But I did make some progress.

One thing I keep forgetting about caffeine is that it makes me move around and fidget more. This includes while I'm sleeping.