Friday, November 27, 2009

Netflix! Hulu!

Signed up for Netflix free trial, and watched Farscape online, FINALLY getting to see the first episode. Found out that I can indeed watch Netflix streamed videos on my PS3 and watch on my big TV, though I need a disc. I'm probably going to cancel my cable TV. I can deal with waiting for my shows on Adult Swim to get on DVD. And of course, there's Hulu for when I can tolerate ad support. That's where I watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, so I imagine there's plenty other good stuff to be found there.

Any suggestions as to what I can watch and other places I can watch it?

7 comments:

Don said...

One of the first things I got when I signed up for Netflix was Rome. If you haven't seen it, do not delay. It might be the best show ever put on television.

James K said...

Farscape is definitely worth watching, and its especially funny if you watched the later season of Stargate SG1.

Bronze Dog said...

I've watched just about every episode of Farscape. It's just that the networks had a habit of skipping the first episode, which disrupted my sense of continuity. Finally watching them in sequence instead of being skipped to later seasons.

Anebo said...

To judge from what you say of your viewing habits, I would say you need to get a much broader perspective of the history of cinema. I would recommend starting with films directed by Kurosawa, Bergman, and Kubrick. Unless, of course, you are unalterably convinced that all worthwhile film has been made in a tiny genre over a relatively small time frame.

Bronze Dog said...

Yeah, there's a lot out there. I do favor geeky stuff, but that's not all of it.

Tom Foss said...

A good portion of my Netflix queue is made up of those classics of cinema. I know I have The Seventh Seal, Citizen Kane, and Annie Hall all in there. It's just that they're under forty-odd years' worth of Doctor Who...

In all seriousness, I would like to broaden my experience with film legends, but I rarely have the time and mental energy together to watch one. Which is why The Maltese Falcon, Sunset Boulevard, North by Northwest, and a dozen other great films sit unwatched on my DVD shelf.

But I liked Throne of Blood and Olivier's Hamlet, and I'd like to watch Chinatown again, so I'm not a total Philistine.

Juliana said...

Hi thanks for ssharing this