Tuesday, August 23, 2005

What Would Jesus Do? Probably Not This...

Apparently Pat Robertson has forgotten that old rule: "Thou Shalt Not Kill".

In a surprisingly un-Christ-like move, Pat has decided that we now need to assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. According to the AP:

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said recently on his T.V show. "We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

Now Pat gets real fanatical:

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

He thinks we're trying to assassinate him. So we should. Very Christian of you Pat.

*UPDATE 8/24/05

Apparently now this is just a big misunderstanding. According to Pat on the 700 Club:

"I said our special forces could take him out. Take him out could be a number of things including kidnapping," Robertson said on his "The 700 Club" television program. "There are a number of ways of taking out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted."

So when you said "if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it", you must've forgotten what 'assassinate' means. Let me remind you:

IT MEANS YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING MURDER SOMEONE!

Any more questions regarding the English language?

*UPDATE 2 - 8/24/05

DIDN'T YOU JUST SAY YOU DIDN'T SUGGEST WE ASSASSINATE CHAVEZ?? Pat, caught in lie #2 is now trying to weasel his way out of trouble. He says:

"Is it right to call for assassination? No, and I apologize for that statement. I spoke in frustration that we should accommodate the man who thinks the U.S. is out to kill him."

I guess that makes it all OK now, right? He was speaking in frustration.

I think he was speaking out of his ass. Anyone else?

2 comments:

Michael Bains said...

Since his mouth constantly spews more cerebral excrement than any anus possibly could, I'd say you're spot on dude.

Spot on...

Anonymous said...

Actually..... Killing Hugo would be a good thing.