Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Very Good Math Versus Very Bad Math


Skimmed a little over MarkCC's blog for a bit, and I'm growing more impressed.

It seems one of his first posts points out, quite nicely, the faith-based nature of Fore Sam, so he's already off to a good start in my book, in addition to pointing out some bad math of anti-vaxxers in general.

He's also made quite a few really good posts about the bad math of Creationists. And he's apparently growing quite fatigued in regards to Dembski.

He's covered how Information Theory really works, though I still need to go over it a few times to get it in my head properly.

On the lighter side, he's had posts on Cellular Automata, including the ever-popular Conway's Game of Life, which has no relation to the boardgame, or at least none that I'm currently aware of, and the nifty-keen Wireworld. For some reason, I think Wireworld would make for a good setting in a puzzle game.

He also has a few posts I skimmed over briefly about the basic nature of math, which touched on Godel's Incompleteness Theorem and all that trippy stuff I'll need to devote some time to.

Sit. Stay. Good blog.

No comments: