Thursday, May 25, 2006

Don't Forget Your Towel Today!

"It must be a Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays." -Arthur Dent
Well, today is Towel Day, where we celebrate the one most useful item for an interstellar hitchhiker, and the guy who brought us The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

You'll be needing that towel, since that comet is due to hit any moment today, and probably save the Vogons a lot of trouble. Until then, it's imperative that we talk and drink over at The Skeptics' Circle, guest hosted by lame donkey.

Hat tip to sanguinity and Ithika for pointing out the entertaining Hitchhiker's Guide coincidences for those of us who haven't memorized the entire tome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just don’t let the Vogon captain read you any of his poetry – a fate worse than death!

Michael Bains said...

I "ghost-wrote" some Vogon poetry for a stint in the '90s.

Bad career move, that...

(You beat me to it, Dog! lol! Oh well, I'll prob'ly post on't anyhow.)

'Appy Towel Day!

LBBP said...

I am really annoyed that I missed this. There is some great stuff to write about Adam's.