Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Work Time Fun?!

I just got a weird, incoherent comment in Doggerel #34.
I am japenese.
...So?
When I read your comments on the Ionic Breeze it was outrageous.
But likely informative. Most people don't know that they've been tested. They failed those tests. A score of 850 is considered good for particle removal. Gravity rates at 10. Ionic Breeze rates at 20. Think I've got some Consumer Reports links in my bookmarks on my laptop.
You obiously dont like western medicines and hate your haratage.
Strange, I thought medicine was divided according to the criterion of "does it work?" instead of "Western" and "Eastern." That reminds me: I once thought about doing an entry on "Western." Oh, and I suspect this guy knows nothing of my heritage.
I bet you dont believe that tea can help cancer(now evidence).
Got a reference?
If the U.S states goverment said that a house living under major powerlines was under or on the limit you would suggest it to your kids.
What limit? Powerlines aren't harmful... well, as long as you don't touch them and the ground at the same time... but I don't think he was referring to that. Anyway, some bad statistics had a correlation between areas zoned for powerlines (many not actually containing powerlines) and cancer. Unfortunately, they didn't consider a different contributing factor: Poverty. Areas zoned for powerlines tend to include a lot of low-income housing. Bad healthcare probably contributes more to cancer than tiny, tiny electromagnetic fields.
You arnt a chemisist because 03 changes its proporties from 02.
Uh, yeah. 03 had a head more like Eva 01, the Test Type, rather than 02, the four-eyed production model. Plus getting possessed by the 13th Angel and developing super-stretcho arms changed it a bit more. ...Ed, I'm such a geek.

Oh, wait. He was talking about O3 (ozone) versus O2 (healthy oxygen). It's bad to breathe the former. Ionic Breeze generates it. Even when it has that ozone guard thing. What do you expect when you ionize the air?
Just like Hydroginated fats do closely the same thing but do diffrent things. I bet you eat the limit of 2 mgs of Trans Fat a day because you think its safe for now.
Uh, I eat food.
Ill laugh when it creates wear many years from now and it is unhealthy for everyday use.
That's called an appeal to the future. Might as well argue that someday they'll come up with a fairy detector. Of course, one of my shortcomings is that I don't pay all that much attention to nutritional information, so it's fairly likely that you can actually find some good evidence somewhere. Of course, my diet doesn't change the validity of my arguments.
You dont have the brains to see everyday issues build up.
Everyday issues, such as? And the evidence for them?
What was your rationale to study and do your homework? I know you wernt honors like I am. You shouldnt be known as a smart man.
Advanced Placement Chemistry, Honors English, Algebra 2 Honors, Pre-Calculus (though I freely confess I had a lot of trouble with the actual stuff in college), Bachelor's Degree in Art, CLEPed out of 8 hours of chemistry (after several years since my last class) to get it (was shooting for 4). Continuing an education in science, alongside staying on top of all the developments out there.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/showarticle.php?id=337
Well, there's one quick link to the failure of the Ionic Breeze. First thing that popped up on a google search for "consumer reports ionic breeze test". The linked article contains the full text of the Consumer Reports review, dated in 2005.

God, I love google.

Clint Bourgeois said...

Tea can help cancer?

Shit, I had better stop drinking tea.

Lifewish said...

The tea thing's real. Tea has a fair quantity of antioxidants, which mop up free radicals. Free radicals can mess up DNA, so the theory goes that removing them is good for you. Far as I can tell, this is a matter of scientific consensus, so is probably valid.

Of course, there's precisely zero chance that the ancient Chinese were aware of this.

Clint Bourgeois said...

Tea and Cancer. Looks positive. Of course the woos can't find any source to back their claims (we have to do it for them), they just fly off the handle and claim that we deny it.

Anonymous said...

I would call the tea thing inconclusive. The whole anti-oxidant thing is very complicated--yes, there are anti-oxidants in tea, but the amount of anti-oxidants produced by the body are thought to be directly influenced by the amount of reactive oxygen species present. Therefore, when you take anti-oxidants, you may well be simply replacing endogenous anti-oxidants with exogenous ones, and not preventing oxidative damage. Additionally, some anti-oxidants actually act as pro-oxidants under some conditions. The studies regarding tea are currently inconclusive, and they are self-contradicting. It probably doesn't hurt, though.