Saturday, August 01, 2009

Random Recall #10

Since I had Tron on the brain, thanks to an awesome trailer, I ended up remembering another instance of primitive computer graphics: Horror movie I believe. Guy goes into an arcade after it's closed to play one of the games. It has a joystick and an attached gun. The console explodes, releasing a couple wire frame enemies and the game's announcer's voice. He realizes he's holding the now detached laser gun and finds it works for real. Given that the enemies also work for real, he decides to ditch the place and run. As punishment for that action, the game's Big Bad, in the form of a wire frame face, decides to show up and eat him.

So, any ideas?

5 comments:

blakyoshi7 said...

A joystick and a lightgun? What the hell?

Somehow, this is the least realistic part of that sequence of events to me.

Bronze Dog said...

Well, my brother and I did used to enjoy a game called Shooting Gallery on the NES, where you had to use the controller to move the scenery left and right to scan for targets.

William said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William said...

It sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it.

Possible candidates:

Arcade
Nightmares

(I deleted and reposted this because I was expecting it to make autolinks, and it didn't, and then I didn't see a way to edit it.)

Bronze Dog said...

Nightmares. That's it. Thanks William.