Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pointless Fun Zero

Found a nice little game thanks to Scott Roomisair of VG Cats: Eversion.

You play as the cute glove critter thing, jumping through the cheerful land, collecting gems. You also have the power of 'eversion' in certain locations to change the terrain. For example, one change will make clouds solid so you can jump on them and reach gems you couldn't before.
Behind you!
It's a short game with 7 worlds, but it's worth a quick play through. I got all 240 gems, but didn't see any change in the ending, so you can probably just blaze on through. There's an eversion point at the start of World 7 that'll let you reach world 8 if you've got all the gems.
It's full of stars!
Do have some complaint of frequent game crashes, but it saves regularly, and you can select the world from the starting screen, so it's not too bad.

16 comments:

King of Ferrets said...

I didn't notice any game crashing problem.

King of Ferrets said...

In level 7, is there any point to trying to get across the 4 dissolving blocks at the beginning? I've not been able to manage it.

Bronze Dog said...

You have to evert enough so that they won't dissolve.

King of Ferrets said...

Huhbuhwha?

Bronze Dog said...

They're tricky to find, but you can find eversion spots to change the landscape enough so that the blocks won't dissolve. There's another eversion spot you'll need for gems on the other side of the no longer collapsing blocks.

King of Ferrets said...

I've only found one eversion spot, under the spike platform. The one that makes the monsters into ghosts. Do I need to activate that one first to find them?

King of Ferrets said...

Ah, I almost got it. I'm can't find the last one that converts it to the 7-1 world, though.

King of Ferrets said...

Found it.

Have you tried seeing if getting out of the level while in world 7-1 changes the ending? I have a feeling it'll do something different.

Bronze Dog said...

I tried it after getting all the gems. It didn't.

King of Ferrets said...

Oooo, I found the secret ending! I haven't gotten through all of it, because it's another level, but basically you have to evert at the very beginning of the level and get through it. It'll take you to a new level.

Bronze Dog said...

Ooo! Thanks. I'll be right there, myself.

King of Ferrets said...

I hate how this thing requires me to go through it without messing up at all. I haven't found a checkpoint yet.

Bronze Dog said...

Bonus level's got a checkpoint. It's just pretty far in. I beat it and got the other creepy ending.

King of Ferrets said...

...yeah, that was creepy.

Anonymous said...

I'm downloading the game as I type this, but I gotta ask...

What's up with the hidden messages?

King of Ferrets said...

The hidden messages I think are things it tells you in the game after you die. Though I don't remember "It's full of stars!".

I'm not sure why BD stuck them in.