Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Bride of Pointless Fun

Been a while since I've done one of these. Going to stick in some videos as well as games this time. In fact, I think I've got a little inspiration about what I might do with my brother's green screen. Post some brainstorming if you like. Links below the fold:

Gamma Bros.: They're brothers! In space! And one of them is black! And I have no idea why!

The sequel to Wireman: He's wearing red and blue this time! I wonder if it has something to do with one of them moving pictures out there.

Late addition: Another tower defense game. I like this one more, since I recently found it seems to have a distinct end, and the creeps actually have a goal beyond running around in circles.

If Shigeru Miyamoto was a woo:


Retro games in stop motion:


Our theaters are under attack! From invaders! Possibly from space!

2 comments:

TabAtkins said...

This tower seige game is awesome. It does have a definite end - level 50. I haven't quite been able to defeat it on Easy yet, but I've won several times on the 10k mode. ^_^ I keep losing around level 45.

Bronze Dog said...

Yeah. I managed to beat Easy... with nothing but pellet guns.

After you play a game at Medium, you can look at the high scorer's mazes. After my pellet gun strategy failed to get me beyond the high 30s, I'm trying to figure out how to replicate some of those concepts on a limited starting budget.