Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Help Make My Blog Awesomer

Just posting a general request to go along with the usual call for doggerel suggestions: If you find an image that would go along with a suggestion, please bring it to my attention. Some of you may have noticed that I've been perusing I Can Has Cheezburger? lately, and I think some 'loldogs' would make for some amusing helpful images.

Further suggestions:

If you find something silly, email it to me. I haven't been looking at too many woo sites lately, and it'd be helpful to have some that I could nail quickly in entertaining ways, and maybe attract the attention of some indignant troll.

Help me diversify: When I do a non-doggerel post, I tend to focus on Intelligent Design nonsense. Would be nice to know of some silly ufologists, crystal healers, etcetera that I could make fun of. Especially if they're known for trolling their critics.

Off-topic: I could always use more flash games, YouTube videos, and so forth to include in the Pointless Fun category. If you've been enjoying my "Building a Better (game genre)" posts, feel free to suggest other genres I could give a whack at.

I've noticed my site traffic's gone down from a surge of about 400 a day for a couple weeks down to 300. Still an improvement from one plateau I was stuck in for a while, but if there's a discernible reason for it lowering to that level, anyone know what it might be?

Any other suggestions out there?

5 comments:

Don said...

If you find something silly, email it to me. I haven't been looking at too many woo sites lately, and it'd be helpful to have some that I could nail quickly in entertaining ways, and maybe attract the attention of some indignant troll.

You will never get me to give up my sources! Never! Ha!

But seriously, it's always fun to make fun of something from Life Technology, and I've had the head honcho over there, "Aurum Solis," comment on my blog at least three times and we exchanged e-mails once.

Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

You need one of these.

Won't change the blog much but looks interesting enough

Infophile said...

Hmm, well for other silliness, there's this guy I became aware of via Wikipedia.

Anonymous said...

I once complimented Penn & Teller’s exposing Alcoholics Anonymous as a cult and had a troll show up. You could give them a try.

Anonymous said...

The whole "lolcats" thing started out with 4chan's caturday meme. Since they started it they have a lot more material to peruse through on the archive site macrochan.org in the animals section.

WARNING some of the 4chan and macrochan content is VERY not safe for work. If you have ANY concern that something on those sites may bother you DON'T GO!

As for flash games I just got addicted to Vector TD
http://www.vectortd.com/