Saturday, February 28, 2009

Random Geek Thought

Recently, I saw a TV Tropes entry: "Absurdly Sharp Blade" and the Kill Bill example with the Hattori Hanzo sword made for the Bride: "I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut."

And then I thought of something else I recently saw: A video of the ending of Final Fantasy Legend, where the final boss is the Creator of the universe. Due to a programming error, the chainsaw in the game has reverse effectiveness: Early enemies are nearly immune to its insta-kill power, and it has a 100% chance of working on the Creator. When you succeed on the attack, the game text is "[Target] was cut."

I think there's meme potential in combining those, if someone hasn't done it already.

No comments: