Well, Gigantor is back on Adult Swim. For those not in the know (and I'm still learning), Gigantor is the first giant robot anime, featuring Tetsujin (Iron Man)-28, a colossus of destruction with next to no ranged combat ability. It's kind of interesting to watch this primordial anime, especially since all these events supposedly occurred six years ago.
I may be a teetotaler, but I think I have a good idea for a Gigantor drinking game. Try some playtesting, but take countermeasures against alcohol poisoning. This might be a bit much.
1. Whenever someone says "secret base" or "time bomb," take a drink.
2. Whenever someone says, "I know, we'll use Gigantor!" as if that's an original idea, or the solution to everything, take a drink. (When all you have is a hammer...)
3. Whenever Jimmy shouts commands to Gigantor, take a drink.
4. Whenever Gigantor flexes needlessly, take a drink. (Assume activation doesn't count.)
5. Whenever Gigantor and the enemy robot of the day face off using flexing and/or activation sound effects, take another drink.
6. Whenever someone says "our country" when they obviously mean Japan, take a drink.
7. Whenever Bob Brilliant spontaneously gains expertise in a field other than engineering or robotics, take a drink.
8. Whenever the regular cast is surprised at the idea of the giant animals/monsters turning out to be robots, take a drink.
9. Whenever the military proves to be completely ineffective against robots, take a drink. (You'd think they'd dump the entire national budget into anti-robot weaponry since this happens, what, like every week?)
10. Whenever Jimmy Sparks gives all the credit to the mindless hulk, despite his mad skillz with the remote control, take a drink.
11. Whenever Jimmy kills someone with Gigantor or by his own hands, take a drink. (How much blood is on that kid's hands?... Is he really a kid? He has a gun, a car, and everything. You won't see any parachutes edited in after the destruction of an enemy jet fighter.)
12. When Jimmy torments the villains at the end with Gigantor, take a drink. (He's supposed to be the hero?)
...Maybe you should just grab a whole keg for each episode.