Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Symbolism for Iconoclasts

Since my work schedule's lightened up (though I'll likely soon be occupied with Decemberween), I'm going to make an effort to do something with the blog template. For the blog roll, I'm going to have a symbol for each blog inside a hexagon. If you're on it already, or would like to be on it, tell me what you'd like for your symbol if it isn't obvious. Ideally, I'd like to make everything out of small monochromatic hexagon pixels, so try to keep your concepts simple, though I will bend rules here and there.

The symbol will change to text when someone mouses over, so hopefully an association will build up, at least among my regulars.

4 comments:

Bob said...

Cool! Feel free to use a really slick empty set symbol for me. I've been meaning to clean mine up. It's a little fuzzy, and I might want to change the font.

Screw Decemberween! Festivus is for the rest of us!

Infophile said...

How about an open book for me, like an encyclopedia? I've been trying to find something like that for my avatar, but no luck so far and my artistic skills are pitiful.

Don said...

Hmm...If you can hexafy my avatar, the Mage: The Ascension prime magic symbol, that would be sweet...I've been using that one for years, so no reason to change it now.

And, Decemberween or Festivus, don't forget that the last week of January is Wintereenmas.

Ryan Michael said...

Once the "switch" happens, I wouldn't mind some linkage to the new blog I'm preparing.

I'll take one middle finger extended from the right hand.