Friday, January 19, 2007

Shall We Make a Wager?

Well, we're up to 11 12 players out of 14 for the Skeptiplomacy game. One thing I was thinking about to spice things up and possibly attract the last 3 2 players: A wager of some sort, where the losers (that'll be the rest of you) do something for the winner (that'll be me) at the end of the game. I was also thinking of having it at multiple levels: The people who get utterly wiped off the map are bigger losers than the people who manage to survive until the end, when I claim over half the supply centers.

Beyond something simple like everyone making a post about a topic of the winner's choosing, I don't have many ideas, so get to brainstorming.

11 comments:

Rev. BigDumbChimp said...

Oh I'm in. We could do some mayor SuperBowl styled wagering for something from the region the players live in. Some food item from your area that people in other parts of the country may have no clue about.

Anonymous said...

Excellent blog, guys! Can I add you to my blogroll on another skeptical blog, Swallowing the Camel?

Bronze Dog said...

Sure, go right ahead. (Good choice of name, by the way.)

Care to join in the Skeptiplomacy game while you're here?

Infophile said...

Personally, I think just "Skeplomacy" is better. It's shorter, and as the Simpson's said: "Brevity is... wit."

As for a wager, beats me.

Ranson said...

If I had any sort of idea of what I was doing, I'd be in.

As I don't, well, *sigh*.

Infophile said...

Quite a few of us have no experience with the game, so that's no excuse not to play.

Don said...

If I had any sort of idea of what I was doing, I'd be in.

As I don't, well, *sigh*.


Hell, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I suck at every strategy game ever, and I'm in. Give it a shot.

S.M. Elliott said...

I would love to - but I'm gamed out and stretched for time, as usual. Thanks, tho! :)

Clint Bourgeois said...

I like the item from each city or region thingy.

Anonymous said...

I hate strategy games. I suck at them.

But I think you guys should play for nekkid pictures.

;)

My tuppence.

Bronze Dog said...

I'm camera shy. The flash always spooks me. So does the vacuum cleaner.