Monday, January 15, 2007

Well, That Was Annoying

My room's just about done with some renovations, and while the TV was down, and all my other stuff was still running, I decided to try out the TV tuner I got with my laptop. Setup was incredibly annoying, since Toshiba made an effort to hide everything from me: The tuner didn't come with a manual, the CD its driver came on was of no help, and I had to go through this horrible meandering path through a "Media Center" program to even realize I was in the right place to go through set up.

And once I was there, I found out I was being forced to use the remote control attachments: The laptop couldn't simply accept a signal: It had to be in communication with my box. I couldn't just use Patina as a monitor.

I hope you appreciate what I'm going through to bring you a few YouTube clips in the future. Think I'm going to have to find a way to rearrange all my systems and so forth, though: Right now, all the sound goes through my system switcher into my surround sound amplifier. Need to change the setup so that I can switch between TV/amp and laptop easily. I'm not looking forward to it.

Think I may get a new amp system while I'm at it.

No comments: