Monday, October 29, 2007

I Love Parallels

Today's Non-Sequitur just reminded me of John Best's recent performance, which involved avoiding any answers about mercury compounds and autism, like which one he claims is responsible for autism, how it's formed from thimerosal, yadda, yadda. He seemed more interested in bragging about a lucky streak at the horse races than providing information. Because we all know, people who bet on horses successfully are smart, and should be blindly obeyed as the sole voice of authority. Who needs verifiable evidence?

Here's the original thread all this happened in. 180 comments, including some nice, long ones, so make sure you have the time.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

For a moment there, I thought you were talking about the Mac virtualisation software, so I was about to leap up on my desk and shout "Heresy!"

But, you know... you weren't. So I'm still seated.