Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back on Civ4

I intended to catch up on posting recently so that I could get back to my old habit of having an average of having a post a day. But I think this is a good enough thing for a bit of filler. Some of you may remember a looooong while back I got Civ4. Well, my brother and I found out that our laptops are powerful enough to run it. So we spent a night playing a game after a few bad starts, earlier.

I won a diplomatic victory, pretty much because my brother didn't carefully read what he was voting for. Probably would have won the space race in a few more turns, anyway. My brother spent most of his time conquering his continent, where most of his points came from. Anyway, after having a lot of trouble on my own, I think we're finally getting a hang on the whole thing.

Any other players here who might be interested in doing a big skeptical game, sometime?

4 comments:

King of Ferrets said...

If I bother to get it at some point (I had some fun with Civ 3, though I didn't understand it very much, since I was younger)

Anonymous said...

I've played some C4 recently... oh now I see why they call it Civ4 instead...

Which expansions do you have?

Unknown said...

Definitely get Beyond the Sword. It opens up a diplomatic victory much earlier in the game and includes a whole bunch of new units and Civs. Not to mention the Nextwar mod, adding a whole new future tech tree.

Danny Boy, FCD said...

Bleh, I never enjoyed both Civ3 and Civ4. Civ 1&2 were the most addictive games I played, and I still have Civ2 in my hard drive.