Friday, October 10, 2008

Pointless Fun: Dawn of Souls

Well, it's been a while since I've had a Pointless Fun post. And it's gone retro and remake-y.

Mega Man 9: Done in the classic 8-bit style. Saw it in the Playstation Store and bought it before I realized it also game out for Wii and Xbox, so I'm stuck running my hot PS3 to play a game that looks right at home on the NES, down to dangling ends of sentences in story scenes. Quite excellent, and it feels like they've really taken off the kid gloves. Well, at least until you've got it memorized.

As mentioned in another post, Cave Story is coming to Wii. This is awesome sauce.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is in the final stages: Testing. I can't wait for it to be finished. They've put a lot of work into it.

41st Reality: Fun-looking shmup. I haven't gotten far in it, yet.

Tumble Drop: Short but fun puzzle game.

Onto YouTube stuff:

Shigeru Miyamoto makes things awkward:


Remakes into movies counts, right?


Zelda meets Spore:

6 comments:

Don said...

Mega Man 9 looks amazing. I haven't yet bought it. I've also heard great things about Lost Winds on WiiWare, though I haven't played it yet, either.

Bronze Dog said...

I definitely recommend MM9. They've gone retro enough that they've taken away the slide and charged shots. Found out the Wii version includes the option of buying Proto Man, who has those abilities, but suffers extra damage and knockback.

Given all the ???????? menu options I have on my PS3, I imagine they'll get around to making the various things available for the PS3, eventually.

Think I'll take a look at Lost Winds.

Bronze Dog said...

Oh, fair warning: Tornado Man's stage is EVIL. I just fly through on the Rush Jet. I hate those spinning platforms.

Don said...

Are the disappearing platforms back? Those cause me no end of frustration not least because they should never have been invented in the first place, much less used to fucking often down the years...

Bronze Dog said...

Plenty of them, but most are less vicious than usual. Plug Man's stage has a tricky bit, but I can pass it pretty consistently, now.

King of Ferrets said...

Ooo, the disappearing platforms? Sweet.