Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Six Random Things

Well, I got tagged with a meme from Secundum Artem's general direction.

The inviolable laws of the meme are as follows:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. (Check)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (Check)
3. Write six random things about yourself. (Coming up)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (Coming up)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

So, here goes...

1. I don't know if I'm exaggerating this into synaesthesia, but I like Techno, House, and pretty much everything my brother's currently liking because they have a "texture" to them. Listened to some of the mixes he's made last night, and I could feel the waves in my forearms.

2. Never watched The Godfather.

3. When I look for videogame controllers, I look for ones with different button configurations. I'm frikkin' tired of seeing everything in the stores being a recolor.

4. I've got a 5+ year old Rubik's Cube with the purple side solved. I haven't seriously twiddled it in a while.

5. I'm on page 250 of The God Delusion. I keep getting sidetracked when it reminds me of some fundies.

6. I had to have my brother sift around my room for items 4 and 5.

People who are thus tagged:
Akusai
King of Ferrets
Tom Foss
Skeptico
Infophile, to stir him from his blog's sleep, and
And, to give him something else to post on his new blog, maybe: Andromeda's Wake.

9 comments:

King of Ferrets said...

So, I just make a post following those rules?

N.B. said...

I'm entertained by your comments about controllers. I used to use a PlayStation controller (without dual analog sticks) hooked up to my PC via a PS/parallel cable that I'd originally purchased for playing DDR. That was THE most comfortable gamepad for SNES emulation that I've ever used.

When I got a new laptop (no parallel port) I bought a PC gamepad a few years ago that I have found immensely satisfying. The general shape and whatnot is good, and the buttons feel fine, but what sold me is an admittedly gimmicky feature: The gamepad includes a fan to keep your hands cool and non-sweaty while playing. Somebody was thinking.

Bronze Dog said...

Yup, that's how you do it, KoF.

Good stuff, NB. I use a Playstation Red Octane adapter for USB, Gamecube, and Xbox. USB end really comes in handy for emulation and a number of games. I like the PS configuration.

Though one thing that's sometimes annoying is that the right analog gets rotated 90 degrees.

King of Ferrets said...

Personally, I choose whatever controller the system uses normally, or just a keyboard if its on the computer. I just make my fingers learn the patterns for that game on that controller.

William said...

I've seen The Godfather. It's overrated.

Don said...

Damn skippy it is.

Anonymous said...

They made a Rubik's Cube with purple? I remember red, white, blue, green, yellow, & orange. Or am I dating myself?

Love the Godfather, but there's better out there.

Bronze Dog said...

This might be off-brand. Got purple, yellow, white, green, dark blue-green, magenta.

Valhar2000 said...

Well, the first few times I listened to non-crap hip-hop, my brtoher told me that the main differences between good and bad hip-hop is that the good one flows, and that word described exactly what I felt when I listened to it: the singer was flowing from one line to the next. Like a liquid in laminar flow.