Sunday, September 14, 2008

Beware, I Live!

What you're seeing now has probably spent a fair bit of time in a notepad window. I'm alive, and scrawling down some things that came up.

1. Had some sleep paralysis dreams. Dreamt I was in some Call of Cthulhu-type computer game where loss of sanity randomly lowered different stats, and I got screwed when my Strength petered out, just in time for some duckbilled Spore critter to show up beside my bed and smile eeeee-villey while I tried unsuccessfully to swat him and only ended up with enough strength to wave at him with only my hand. Finally managed a decent swat when I woke up and he disappeared into whatever hole in my subconscious he came from.

2. Replaying Final Fantasy IV on my DS. Got hit with fridge logic: Why did Cid have to jump off the airship to blow up the bomb himself? Aren't those things supposed to have timers or whatever? If the airship itself has a remote, shouldn't have it been easy to make one for a bomb? I also ended up wasting a lot of battery power in repeat fights with Dr. Lugae. Fucking reversing gas. Anyway, I ended up appreciating the value of good old alkaline. Ended up introducing my brother to Quarth.

3. Read a bit more of God Delusion. Expect some rants as I express agreement. Still nothing significant I didn't already know, except the conveniently divided up types of altruism.

2 comments:

King of Ferrets said...

BD lives? OMFSM! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Clint Bourgeois said...

We got hit by Ike in Cincinnati yesterday and the power's still out here. My workplace has power, though.

Glad to see that you survived.